Wyoming Women’s Legislative Caucus
The nonpartisan Wyoming Women’s Legislative Caucus (WyoWLC) was established in 2007 to provide leadership training, professional, and candidate development to women in Wyoming.
WyoWLC hosts an annual Leap into Leadership program during the Wyoming Legislative session which provides a day of panel and workshop discussions, networking opportunities, keynote speaker address, and site visit to the Capitol for graduates to be introduced to the House and Senate. Past keynote speakers have included Cokie Roberts, U.S. Senator Olympia Snowe, New York Times best-selling author Brigid Schulte, and fashion design and philanthropist Abi Ferrin.
WyoWLC seeks to find a part-time Coordinator who will continue the mission to support women across Wyoming and provide them with leadership training and candidate development to run for office and pursue leadership positions in the private and public sector.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Coordinator will have overall strategic, fundraising and operational responsibility for all programs including the annual Leap into Leadership.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing local and statewide programmatic excellence, fundraising and communications; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve strategic organizational goals;
- Actively engage with WyoWLC board members and stakeholders throughout the state to bring quality programs and outreach;
- Plan and execute all components of both small- and large-scale events, including logistics, advertising, fundraising, scheduling, etc.;
- Develop, maintain, and support leadership board.
Fundraising & Communications:
- Expand local and statewide fundraising to support existing program operations including Leap into Leadership and other programs approved by the leadership board;
- Deepen and refine all aspects of communications—from web presence to external relations with the goal of creating a stronger brand;
- Pursue new partnership and collaborations to advance organizational mission.
The Coordinator will be committed to WyoWLC’s mission, particularly that the organization and communications remain nonpartisan. All candidates should have proven leadership, event planning and relationship management experience.
Specific requirements include:
- Commitment to quality programs & advancing the organizational goal of helping Wyoming women pursue leadership positions;
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to set and achieve strategic objectives and manage a budget;
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships;
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org